Keeping in view, the vision and mission of the College, Oman College has a Library located in the Hay Asem and Al Haram Campuses. The Library with a capacity of more than 100 users which is being managed by the qualified Staff. The Library acts as the main Learning Resource Centre of Excellence in the field of Computer Science, Finance & Accounting, Business, Management, MIS, Interior Design, with some Arabic collections in all these subjects etc.
Library is being made fully automated using Library Management System Software which is user friendly. The users can access library data through OPAC. The Collection of this Library is around 8578 books and the EBSCO the Online Resource which is subscribed. The Library is provided with wireless network whereby user can access the internet using their Laptops.
The College library has 2 sections for boys and girls, where the students can only refer to the books available and the both section.The library organizes Orientation for all new students joining for each semester.
The OCMT Library is primarily meant for the Regular Faculties, Visiting Faculties, Research Scholars, Students, and Administrative Staff of the Institute. The rules are framed to help and promotethe use of library materials and services:
- The OCMT Library follows an open access system
- Books or other materials taken from the stacks should not be re-shelved by the readers but should be left on the tables. Please remember that a book misplaced is a book lost.
- Readers should maintain peace in the library and should not disturb other users in any way.
- Readers should not deface, mark, cut, mutilate or damage library material in any way. If anyone is found doing so, he/she will be charged the full replacement cost of the material.
- Mobiles phones should be switched off while entering the library.
- Borrowing privileges are given only to the Academic and Non –Academic Staff members and Regular Students.
- Books can be borrowed against the student ID cards issued by OCMT College Library to the borrowers.
- Reference or Rare books and unbound issues of journals, periodicals, newspapers of current month will not be issued out of the library to any users.
- Faculty Members – 5 books for one month to one semester.
- Administrative Staff - 3 Books for one month.
- Students - 3 Books for Two weeks and can be renewed for 1 week.
Issue and Return
- The borrower may return or renew the book on or before the due date. Renewal is not allowable if a demand is pending for the material.
- The library can recall material before the due date. Materials to be replaced on reserve can be recalled any time.
- The library can refuse to issue books to a borrower having overdue books.
- Loss of borrowed material must be immediately reported in writing. The replacement charge for lost material will also include where applicable the maintenance charge.
The OCMT Library subscribed EBSCO. One file is a single electronic resource that provides instant access to an unprecedented number of periodicals for researchers at all levels.
Multimedia is the media that utilizes a combination of different content forms. In general, multimedia includes combination of text, images.
OCMT College library is having a good numbers of CDs, DVDs, Audio and cassettes. To access these resources, E-Learning Resources center has been established with 17th highly configured computer terminals.
Automation - OPAC Search (Online Public Access Catalog)
The library has been computerized using AlMahrifa Software. Acquisition and Circulation activities have been computerized. The readers can search for availability of books using the OPAC module. Search can be done by title, author, subject, keywords.
The library has been install 19 computer for excess the internet, to make project report etc. for the students.
We have an advanced photocopying facility for the students in the library. Students can buy a copy card for 2 R.O. (it includes printed ID card facility) for 500 copies. For recharge the card, the student has to pay 1 R.O. for 200 copies.
A student can borrow 3 Text Books depends upon their courses selected for one semester. Text books may be borrowed on all working days. All textbook should be return on or before the due date announced in the notice board of each semester and clearance will be given after the books return to the library.
List of New Arrivals
Library also provides a list of new arrivals on the demand of users.
Bibliographical Service (On Demand)
8am to 7.30pm
From Sunday to Thursday
Friday & Saturday is holiday.