It is a student committee, representing the college students. It is composed of the chief, vice council secretary and another three members. This committee is elected by the college students according to the standard norms , and is geared and instructed by the head of the council .
As mentioned in rule no (3) in the instructions of the council formation, they are:
- Supporting the student activities in the scientific, cultural. Social and sport past.
- Evocating the sport – man -ship and team- ship .
- Standing by students in their academic staff , stimulating them toward their duties and working with the college administration to solve their problems .
- Urging the democratic names and the spirit of speech , freedom and opinion ( Past and the counter post )
- Deepening the relevancy to the college , country and to the nation through the Islamic civilizations and traditional values .
- Opening the chances to the students to interact with both of the academic departments and the college administration .
- Strengthening the relations with the students of the other local universities and colleges in one hand and with the other Arab Inter Islamic ones .
- The council aims at achieving these goals through certain activities regarding a particular plan , confirmed by the Dean , including the expenses for each activity . In addition, the council can conduct other activities not drawn in the plan , but it needs a pre confirmation from the Dean .
The council fulfills these aims practically by various sub- committees such as :
- The cultural sub committee : It is responsible for poetic ceremonies and cultural competitions . Moreover , it organizes debates , participate in the off campus courses and it ends with publishing the students results in newspapers and magazines .
- Students affairs sub – committee: It is concerned with advising the students , solving their problems, representing them in the Deanship and in the academic departments .
It is worth mentioning here that Oman College for A.T is a pioneer in forming such a council taking into consideration that students are the focal point of learning and teaching cycle .As a result of this wide view , the 2005-2006 council elections have been successfully conducted and since then the winners are doing their job in an enthusiastic and distinguished way that they have lift a clear print in the activities carried out by the college .