Oman College of Management & Technology,
Library & Learning Resource Center
Keeping in view, the vision and mission of the College, Oman College Library is located in Hay Asem and Al Haram Campuses. The Library has a capacity of more than 100 users which is being managed by the qualified Staff. The Library acts as the main Learning Resource Centre of Excellence in the field of Computer Science, Finance & Accounting, Business, Management, MIS, Interior Design, with some Arabic collections in all these subjects.
Library is made fully automated using Library Management System Software which is user friendly. The users can access library data through OPAC. The Collection of this Library is around 8631 books and EBSCO is also subscribed which is an Online Resource. The Library is provided with wireless network whereby the user can access the internet using their Laptops.
The College library has 2 reading sections for boys and girls, where the students can refer the books available. The library organizes Orientation for all new students joining for each semester.
The OCMT Library is primarily meant for the Regular Faculties, Visiting Faculties, Research Scholars, Students, and Administrative Staff of the college. The rules are framed to help and promote the use of library materials and services:
· The OCMT Library follows an open access system.
· Books or other materials taken from the stacks should not be re-shelved by the readers but should be left on the tables. Please remember that a book misplaced is a book lost.
· Readers should maintain silence in the library and should not disturb other users in any way.
· Readers should not deface, mark, cut, mutilate or damage the library material. If anyone is found doing so, he/she will be charged the full replacement cost of the material.
· Mobiles phones should be kept in silent mode or switched off while entering the library.
· Borrowing privileges are given only to the Academic and Non–Academic Staff members and Regular Students.
· Books can be borrowed against the student ID cards issued by OCMT College Library to the borrowers.
· Reference or Rare books and unbound issues of journals, periodicals, newspapers of current month will not be issued out of the library to any users.
· Faculty Members – 5 books for one month to one semester.
· Administrative Staff - 3 Books for one month.
· Students - 3 Books for Two weeks and can be renewed for 1 week.
Issue and Return
· The borrower may return or renew the book on or before the due date. Renewal is not permissible if a demand is pending for the material.
· The library can recall the material before the due date. Materials to be replaced on reserve can be recalled at any time.
· The users should return or renewal the library materials in person to the library staff and not to send the library materials through other students or staff members.
· The library can refuse to issue books to a borrower having overdue.
· Loss of borrowed material must be immediately reported in writing. The replacement charge for the lost material will also include the maintenance charge where applicable.
· Before going on vacation, all the faculty members should return the library materials and get the clearance from the library at the end of the academic year.
· Faculty members, who are teaching for summer course, can use the library materials and should return the books at the end of the summer course.
The OCMT Library has subscribed to EBSCO. This electronic resource that provides instant access to an unprecedented number of Journals and E-books available for researchers at all levels.
Multimedia is the media that utilizes a combination of different content forms. In general, it includes a combination of text, images, audio etc.
OCMT College library is having a good numbers of CDs, DVDs, Audio and cassettes. To access these resources, an E-Learning Resources center has been established with 22 highly configured computer terminals.
Automation - OPAC Search (Online Public Access Catalog)
The library has been computerized using AlMahrifa Software. Acquisition and Circulation activities have been computerized. The readers can search for availability of books using the OPAC module. Search can be done by title, author, subject and keywords.
Internet Facility in the Learning Resource Lab
The library has installed 22 computers to access the internet; students can make use of the facility for their educational purpose.
We have an advanced photocopying facility for the students in the library. Students can buy a copy card for 2 R.O. (it includes printed ID card facility) for 500 copies. For recharging the card, the student has to pay 1 R.O. for 200 copies.
A student can borrow 4 Text Books and it depends upon their courses selected for one semester. Text books may be borrowed on all working days. All textbooks should be returned on or before the due date announced in the notice board of each semester and clearance will be given after the books return to the library.
List of New Arrivals
Library also provides a list of new arrivals on the demand of users.
Bibliographical Service (On Demand)
8am to 6.30pm
From Sunday to Thursday
Friday & Saturday is holiday.